My afternoon train reads:
• Markets Saved by the Kid From South Carolina, Again (MarketBeat)
• The 40 Highest-Earning Hedge Fund Managers And Traders (Forbes) see also David Tepper Tops 2012 Hedge Fund Earnings (Forbes)
• Michael Mauboussin: Think Twice (Outlook Business)
• Lazy Portfolios at war with Wall Street casinos (MarketWatch) see also The (Really) High Price Of Active Management (The Capital Spectator)
• Why It’s Smart to Be Reckless on Wall Street (Scientific American)
• The Consequences of Sequestration (The Diplomat) see also Austerity Kills Government Jobs as Cuts to Budgets Loom (NYT)
• Gold Bugs Need to Replenish the Hive (MarketBeat)
• Apple Should Stay Prudent With Cash: Analyst (MarketBeat) see also Apple’s ‘Very Active’ Cash Talks Won’t Assuage Investors (Bloomberg)
• Deficit hawks’ ‘generational theft’ argument is a sham (Los Angeles Times)
• When Diet Meets Delicious (NYT)
What are you reading?
S&P500 PE Ratio
Source: Chart of the Day
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.