My afternoon train reads:
• Focus on How You Are going to Accumulate Friends, Experiences and Wealth – Not how you’re going to avoid the next 7% drawdown (TRB)
• I’ll take the under on this one: New Hedge Fund Deposits to Triple, Deutsche Bank Says (Bloomberg)
• Going Passive, Aggressively (WSJ)
• Miami Housing Market Continues Winning Ways, Prices Rise 14 Consecutive Months (World Property Channel) see also California Home Sales, Prices Dip in January (World Property Channel)
• Boiler Room: Red Bull-Fed Brokers Stand as John Thomas Draws Scrutiny (Bloomberg)
• The Price of Fewer Marriages (timesunion.com)
• Michael Dell: The Making of an American Oligarch (MoJo) see also Dell employees grumble about buyout as stock options are drowned (arstechnica)
• What “Disrupt” Really Means (Tech Crunch)
• What Our Brains Can Teach Us (NYT)
• The 2013 World Factbook (CIA)
What are you reading?
Hidden Risks of a Hard Landing in China
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.