Good Sunday morning — some reads to kick off your day:
• Gangster Bankers: Too Big to Jail: How HSBC hooked up with drug traffickers and terrorists. And got away with (RollingStone)
• How you can be a smart market timer (MarketWatch)
• CNBC Is Nobody’s Sloppy Seconds! (Dealbreaker) see also At CNBC, a strict guest policy (Politico)
• Warren Buffett’s Kind of Deal (Dealbook)
• Value Stocks Are Hot—But Most Investors Will Burn Out (WSJ) see also Cash Shouldn’t Be the Only Apple of Your Eye (WSJ)
• Billionaires Soros, Bacon Cut Gold Holdings on Decline (Bloomberg)
• The audacity of dope: Cannabis as an investment (Economist) see also Hemp Is Harmless, a Potential Economic Miracle, and Still Illegal in America — But the Tide Seems to Be Turning (Alternet)
• The Myth of “Saudi America” (Slate)
• The Drug Laws That Changed How We Punish (npr)
• Scientists unveil new detectors in race to save Earth from next asteroid (Guardian)
What’s for brunch?
AOL vs Netflix
Source: Splat F
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.