My morning reads for this lovely Tuesday:
• Big Banks Win, Taxpayers Lose as Fannie Insurance Overhaul Spiked (American Banker)
• Investors Rediscover Risk-Taking Abroad (NYT) but see The Case against Commodities and Emerging Markets (Behavioral Macro)
• Can mutual-fund managers block the Dell deal? (MarketWatch)
• Gary Shilling: Why You Should Sell Stocks And Buy Treasurys (Forbes)
• Gold: Hot at the Oscars, Not on Wall Street (The Fiscal Times) see also Gold’s Cycle Seen Turned by Goldman Sachs as ETP Holdings Drop (Bloomberg)
• Spot the Correlation: Wealth vs. Immigration (Mangan’s)
• The Phablet: Eyeing Apple (The New Yorker) see also ‘Shareholder Democracy’ Can Mask Abuses (DealBook)
• For the First Time Since Napster, Music Sales Are Growing (All Things D)
• The Incredible Shrinking Ad (The Atlantic) see also Content economics, part 1: advertising (Felix Salmon)
• Deep-Space Photos: Hubble’s Greatest Hits (TIME)
What are you reading?
Americans Back Spending-Cut Delay Amid Budget-Deal Push
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.