My afternoon train reads:
• U.S. Stocks Fall as Fed Minutes Show Debate Over Stimulus (Bloomberg) see also Fed Officials Feared Easy Money Could Rattle Markets (WSJ)
• Seth Klarman Parts the Curtains, Carefully (Institutional Investor’s Alpha)
• A Revolving Door in Washington That Gets Less Notice (DealBook)
• Former Powell chief of staff: Bush administration cooked the books on Iraq (The Raw Story)
• WTF headline of the day: 5 dangers set to trip a 100-year bear market (MarketWatch)
• Single greatest driver of income inequality over 15 year period was runaway income from capital gains and dividends (WaPo)
• Economic Optimism vs. the Sequester (Rational Irrationality) see also GOP’s complaints about looming spending cuts ignore its role in creating them (McClatchy)
• U.S. Unveils New Strategy to Combat Hacking (WSJ)
• They’re drilling, baby, drilling – and gas prices still going up (McClatchy) see also Shale Gas Bubble Looms, Aided by Wall Street (DESMOGBLOG)
• The Recline and Fall of Western Civilization (Slate)
What are you reading?
Nasdaq surpasses its credit bubble highs of late 2007
Source: Chart of the Day
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.