- The Big Picture - http://www.ritholtz.com/blog -
Mercedes-Benz SL ‘Pagoda’
Posted By Barry Ritholtz On February 1, 2013 @ 8:00 am In Digital Media,Weekend | Comments Disabled
One of my favorite understated cars of the 1960s:
• 4-speed automatic gearbox
• Mercedes’ formidable works rally driver Eugen Böhringer won the 6,600km 1963 Spa-Sofia-Liège Rally in a specially prepared 230 SL
• Pagoda ownership was more about understated style and long-distance holidaying.
• Fuel-injected, SOHC six-cylinder engines came as standard, with the first cars’ 2,308cc (230 SL)
• The latter (280 SL) 2,778cc engine finally gave the elegant car a little more ‘go’
Simple, well-proportioned, and built like a bank vault:
Source: Classic Driver 
Article printed from The Big Picture: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog
URL to article: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2013/02/mercedes-benz-sl-pagoda/
URLs in this post:
 Classic Driver: http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/magazine/3400.asp?id=16667
Copyright © 2008 The Big Picture. All rights reserved.