My afternoon train reading:
• Would new Dow record set a bear market trap? (MarketWatch)
• The Rise of Finance (Ecan Soltas) see also Hidden profits, hidden rents (interfluidity)
• Personal finance media should be boring (Abnormal Returns)
• Eisinger: A Revolving Door in Washington With Spin, but Less Visibility (DealBook)
• Keeping New York gasoline prices pumped (FT Alphaville)
• Simon Johnson: Bernanke’s Credibility on ‘Too Big to Fail’ (Economix)
• Blueprint for an artificial brain (Terra Daily) see also Unleash Your Inner Jedi (MYO)
• Why Microsoft’s pushing Office subscriptions (PC World) see also Samsung takes a page from Apple’s Passbook with new Wallet app (The Verge)
• Document shows how much data cops suck up from suspects’ cell phones (arstechnica)
• The future of the bookstore: A real cliffhanger (Economist)What are you reading?
Whatchu talking ’bout Willis?
Sluggish economy may signal correction
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.