Some Good Friday reads for those of you looking for something else to do:
• S&P High Is a Show of Faith in Fed (WSJ)
• Passive investing: If it’s good enough for CalPERS (Investment News) see also Don’t Do It, CalPERS! (Dealbreaker)
• Hoenig: Stop subsidizing Wall Street (Washington Post)
• Simon Johnson: The Debate on Bank Size Is Over (Economix) but see The White House’s dangerous stance on ‘too big to fail’ (Washington Post)
• Profiles of the World’s Best CEOs — Many Paths to Greatness (Barron’s)
• Weil: Betray Your Bank Before Your Bank Betrays You (Bloomberg) see also Controls on Capital Come Late to Cyprus (NYT)
• Long Night at Today (New York Mag)
• China Attack: Apple slammed by China Central TV & Communist Party mouthpiece People’s Daily (WSJ) see also Japan’s Investors Are GungHo for iPhone Game (WSJ)
• Your Client’s Brain: Coping as Your Clients Age (AdvisorOne)
• The Science of Monsters (The Telegraph)
What are you doing today? Market is close, and I have the day off!
Income Down 7.3% Since Start of Recession
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.