My afternoon train reading:
• Shiller: The global economy is trapped in a painful austerity-induced slump of our own making (Project-Syndicate)
• JPMorgan is not a farmer: House Agriculture Committee will hold a markup session today on seven bills designed to gut derivatives regulations passed in the Dodd-Frank financial reform law. (Salon)
• Civil Engineers Echo Obama Calling for Infrastructure Fix (Bloomberg)
• The Magic of 3 Percent GDP Growth (Businessweek)
• Why renters are still driving America’s building boom (Fortune) see also Today’s Forecast: Sunny With a Chance of a Housing Bubble (Bloomberg)
• Greed Not So Good: the fundamental problem with free market capitalism (They gave us a republic)
• Google Is Eating The Internet (Phil Pearlman)
• Humanity Leaves the Solar System: 35 Years Later, Voyager Offically Exits the Heliosphere (Time)
• Warming Has Doubled Risk of Katrina-like Storm Surges (Climate Central)
• The Brilliance of the Dog Mind (Scientific American)
What are you reading?
Its Do or Die Time for Gold
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.