My morning reads:
• Jobless Claims in U.S. Unexpectedly Fall to a Six-Week Low (Bloomberg) but see With Positions to Fill, Employers Wait for Perfection (NYT)
• Is that a buy from the Coppock indicator? (FT Alphaville)
• Holder says some banks are ‘too large’ (FT.com) see also Too-Big-to-Fail Banks Limit Prosecutor Options, Holder Says (Bloomberg)
• With Legal Reserves Low, Bank of America Faces a Big Lawsuit (DealBook)
• Citizens in Europe are rejecting austerity policies as deeply misguided (theguardian) see also We’ve reduced the deficit and hurt the short-term economy (Wonkblog)
• New robots in the workplace: Job creators or job terminators? (The Washington Post)
• Fallout from ‘Untouchables’ Documentary: Another Wall Street Whistleblower Gets Reamed (Taibblog)
• ComScore: iPhone Taking Share From Android in U.S. Smartphone Market (comScore)
• The father of all men is 340,000 years old (NewScientist)
• How to predict the progress of technology (MIT news)
What are you reading?
Bad-News Bears Crash the Party
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.