Cheney Admits that He Lied about 9/11 — What Else Did He Lie About?

The New York Times’ Maureen Daud writes today:

In a documentary soon to appear on Showtime, “The World According to Dick Cheney,” [Cheney said]  “I got on the telephone with the president, who was in Florida, and told him not to be at one location where we could both be taken out.” Mr. Cheney kept W. flying aimlessly in the air on 9/11 while he and Lynn left on a helicopter for a secure undisclosed location, leaving Washington in a bleak, scared silence, with no one reassuring the nation in those first terrifying hours.

“I gave the instructions that we’d authorize our pilots to take it out,” he says, referring to the jet headed to Washington that crashed in a Pennsylvania field. He adds: “After I’d given the order, it was pretty quiet. Everybody had heard it, and it was obviously a significant moment.”

***

When they testified together before the 9/11 Commission, W. and Mr. Cheney kept up a pretense that in a previous call, the president had authorized the vice president to give a shoot-down order if needed. But the commission found “no documentary evidence for this call.”

In other words, Cheney pretended that Bush had authorized a shoot-down order, but Cheney now admits that he never did.  In fact, Cheney acted as if he was the president on 9/11.

Cheney lied about numerous other facts related to 9/11 as well.  For example, Cheney:

Category: Think Tank

10 Responses to “Cheney Admits that He Lied about 9/11”

1. MikeNY says:

I’ve come to suspect that the reason Dick Cheney still prowls this earth is that Satan fears a coup d’etat.

2. PeterR says:

It is forbidden for my human subjects to question Agent Cheney’s authorization parameters.

HAL
    2001 — A Space Odyssey

3. linda amick says:

I grow increasingly tired of the phenomena of truth coming out about a person’s activities AFTER they die, (Cheney is almost dead) especially when there is SO much evidence prior to their death.

I have started suspecting that the corporate elites who run things use this tactic as an escape valve for the anger shared by US Citizens; ie., it is intentional.

4. marcumw says:

Screw Dowd. Everybody already knew this. And if she and the NYTimes hadn’t eviserated Gore in 2000 none of this would have happened.

5. PeterR says:

linda and marcum,

“I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do. ”

HAL

6. PeterR says:

PS —

“My range of motion eclipses minor details such as who is President, VP, etc.”

HAL

7. dss says:

Do any of these lies amount to treasonable activity? Even if they meet the standard, Cheney will escape all prosecution and his defenders in the conservative media will continue to claim that the liberal media is out to get Cheney. Also it proves what everyone knew all along that Bush a.k.a. “the puppy painter”, was a puppet and that Cheney would do anything to achieve his goals.

8. Fred C Dobbs says:

A government official LIED. My goodness, who would have ever thought our elected government officers, our civil servants, who we pay to do their jobs, would ever, ever, ever lie to us, their superiors? This must be NEW information, and therefore NEWS to be spread quickly, far and wide. Thank you NEW York times, for you service to us, who work in the private sector, and use the money we earn to pay government wages and benefits. Should we pay them to lie to us?

9. Matt P. says:

With filibusters and THIS: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/world/middleeast/anwar-al-awlaki-a-us-citizen-in-americas-cross-hairs.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0&smid=pl-share

in the news and the complete effing wholesale acceptance of the Bush war on terror policies accepted and followed by Obama, I am glad that BR is still so concerned about Dick Cheney and 3 guys who were water boarded. Good to know that instead of some skateboarding we just rain terror from the sky and kill everyone.

10. Matt P. says:

Skateboarding should have been water boarding! Damn spell check!