My afternoon train reading:
• Gold Bumps Against Resistance at $1,600 (MarketBeat)
• A Short History of Austerity: It Almost Never Works (The Guardian)
• Yes, Virginia, HFT and Liquidity are Not All They Are Cracked Up to Be (naked capitalism)
• US investors warn on bank settlement (FT.com)
• Wealth, Spending and the Economy (Economix) see also Research ties economic inequality to gap in life expectancy (Washington Post)
• Japan’s Cut for Solar Power Price Retains Boom Incentive (Bloomberg)
• Facebook reveals secrets you haven’t shared (FT.com)
• Eying Apple (The New Yorker)
• Paul Ryan’s make-believe budget (The Washington Post) see also Paul Ryan pretends he didn’t lose (TMB)
• Chief of US Pacific forces calls climate biggest worry (The Boston Globe)
What are you reading?
The rich pay majority of U.S. income taxes
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.