Some longer form reads to start your weekend off right:
• Wherein Nate Silver Schools SCOTUS Chief Justice Roberts on proper use of statistics (538)
• Life of Pi explained (Great Stories)
• How Disney Bought Lucasfilm—and Its Plans for ‘Star Wars’ (BusinessWeek)
• Whistleblower: Wells Fargo Fabricated and Altered Mortgage Documents on a Mass Basis (naked capitalism)
• How Dollar Diplomacy Spelled Doom for the British Empire (Echoes)
• Lipstick on an Elephant: Deep behind a tangle of denial and rebranding initiatives, a GOP resuscitation plan emerges (New York)
• China’s Richer-Than-Romney Lawmakers Reveal Reform Challenge (Bloomberg)
• Covert Malaysian Campaign Touched A Wide Range Of American Media (BuzzFeed) see also News outlets unearth more Donors Trust recipients (Center for Public Integrity)
• How to Score an Office Wife (GQ)
• Japan Earthquake, 2 Years Later: Before and After (In Focus)
What are you doing this weekend?
Hockey Stick Graph Now Even More Stickish
Source: Kevin Drum
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.
10 Responses to “10 Weekend Reads”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.