To start your Saturday off, here are some of my favorite longer form reads of the week:
• Greed is Groupon: Can anyone save the company from itself? (The Verge)
• How to Score an Office Wife (GQ)
• Bar Examined: The Lawyer Bubble/A Profession in Crisis (The Washington Monthly)
• The Day My Grandfather Groucho and I Saved ‘You Bet Your Life’ (boing boing)
• China’s Military Development, Beyond the Numbers (The Diplomat)
• The Blind Man Making The World’s Best Glacial Vodka (Outside)
• How Benjamin Franklin Invented the Mail-Order Business (Echoes)
• Regrettable: The troubling things I learned when I re-reported Bob Woodward’s book on John Belushi (Slate)
• The Long Journey of Blue Jeans (Vice)
• Washed Away: Japan’s Atlantis (Boston Review)
What’s up for the weekend?
Stockmarkets are back to (or close to) their pre-crisis levels
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.