My morning reads:
• Why Does Apple Care About Its Share Price? (Businessweek) see also Apple’s Next Big Thing (Slate)
• Libor ‘Must Be Based on Fact, Not Fiction’ (Yahoo Finance)
• Call This Market Surge the Anti-Austerity Rally (CNBC) see also Study reveals austerity’s harmful impact on health in Greece (PNHP)
• SEC aims to protect investors from fraud under new law (Washington Post)
• What price, uninsured depositor risk? (FT Alphaville) see also From the Fed, a New Chill to Banks From Abroad (NYT)
• Often unloved, ATF critical to solving major crimes like Boston bombing (Washington Post)
• What If We Never Run Out of Oil? (Atlantic)
• Eric Schneiderman Challenges Obama Administration Over Mortgage Investigations (HuffPo) see also Homeowners defaulting in loan modification program, report says (Washington Post)
• George W. Bush’s presidency, in 24 charts (Wonkblog)
• Eight New Things We’ve Learned About Music (Smithsonian)
What are you reading?
Drop in Borrowing Squeezes Banks
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.