My afternoon train reads:
• Gold Futures Sink Most Since 1980 While Stocks Tumble (Bloomberg) see also The Price of Gold Is Crashing. Here’s Why (Businessweek)
• The value of social sentiment (MarketWatch)
• Why E.T.F.’s Won’t Solve Our Behavioral Problems (bucks)
• Value Investing Is Not Dead. (I Heart Wall Street)
• A Brief, Opinionated History of Taxes in America (The Awl) but see 5 charts that will make you feel better about paying your taxes (Wonkblog)
• SCOTUSblog: A totally unsexy, vitally important blog that should be talked about as much as BuzzFeed (pandodaily)
• Who Will Succeed Bernanke? Who Should? (WSJ)
• Bank regulators gain ground against too-big-to-fail bailouts (Reuters) see also Europe’s banks need to be recapitalised – now (FT.com)
• I was a political astroturfer (Salon)
• The spammer who logged into my PC and installed Microsoft Office (ars technica)
What are you reading?
Gold, Stocks No Longer Dancing Together
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.