My morning reads to start your week:
• Here Comes the Next Hot Emerging Market: the U.S. (WSJ)
• The Fundamentals of Market Tops (The Aleph Blog) see also Finding the best four-year market forecaster (MarketWatch)
• Wall Street betting billions on single-family homes in distressed markets (Washington Post)
• Copper Plunges To 18-Month Low– FCX Tumbles With It (ChartWatchers)
• Hedge Fund Gold Wagers Defy Worst Slump in 33 Years (Bloomberg) see also A Technical View for Gold (ChartWatchers)
• Fracking comes to China (CNNMoney)
• Japan Inc. Hesitates to Invest as Yen Spurs Nikkei Rally (Bloomberg)
• How much of Reinhart/Rogoff has survived? (FT.com)
• Why is a commissioner on the Securities and Exchange Commission giving broad investing advice? (Self-Evident)
• This Is the Modern Manhunt: The FBI, the Hive Mind and the Boston Bombers (Wired)
What are you reading?
Stock Rally Strikes a Defensive Tone
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.