My Sunday Morning reads — pull up a cup-o-joe and enjoy!:
• Nate Silver: Confidence Kills Predictions (Index Universe)
• Govt watchdog is calculating size of implicit subsidy of TBTF banks (Barron’s) see also Bailout Recipients (ProPublica)
• The Lure of Hedge Funds (Research Affiliates)
• Shiller: Before Housing Bubbles, There Was Land Fever (NYT)
• A Heretical, Rational Perspective on Gold (Cognitive Concord)
• Jeremy Grantham on population growth, China and climate sceptics (The Guardian) see also The brutal logic of climate change, international shipping edition (grist)
• The Dark Side of the Digital Revolution (WSJ)
• The Remarkable Decline in the Wall Street Journal’s Long-Form Journalism (Atlantic)
• Surviving the NBA’s Heat Wave (WSJ)
• Funny! What Do You Think About Penny Stocks? (BrightScope)
What’s for brunch?
Techs Rust Belt Takes Shape
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.