My afternoon train reads:
• Individual Investors Are An Emotional Wreck + That Is Astonishingly Bullish (Phil Pearlman)
• Farrell: Are we being misled (again) by earnings? (MarketWatch)
• EARLY WARNING SYSTEM: Bernanke Says Interest on Reserves Would Be Main Tightening Tool (Bloomberg)
• “The Rapidly Shrinking Federal Deficit” (Calculated Risk)
• The ‘laws of economics’ don’t exist (Reuters) see also Great, now engineers think that they are economists too (pandodaily)
• Debunking today’s carried interest tax arguments (Fortune)
• The Class War Has Begun (Slate) see also Why More Affluent Americans Pay No Taxes (The Fiscal Times)
• Ex-Regulator Says US Nuclear Reactors Are Flawed (NYT)
• 3 Ways to ensure an excellent product, from the man behind America’s best burger (Fast Company)
• The second coming of Facebook (Fortune)
What are you reading?
S&P 500 Earnings (inflation-adjusted ) 1900 until today
Source: Chart of the Day
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.