My morning reads:
• Is investors’ favorite strategy doomed to fail? (MarketWatch) see also Is it worth making the shift to fundamental indexes? (The Globe and Mail)
• S&P’s Unusual Legal Defense: “We are idiots & all our clients knew that at the time” (WSJ)
• Carl Richards is the anti-Peter Lynch: The Perils of Investing in What You Know (Bucks)
• When Roosevelt Ditched the Gold Standard (Echoes)
• Apple has always been a Software company that sold Hardware (WSJ) see also The Dell mirage (MarketWatch)
• The Incredible Shrinking Budget Deficit (Economix)
• Game Theory: Jane Austen Had It First (Science NYTimes)
• Meet Twitter’s Newest Clique: Bloomberg’s Terminal Tweeters (NY Magazine) see also Inside Bloomberg’s Twitter A-List (Well, At Least a Fraction of It) (Enterprising Investor)
• 50 Time Saving Tips for Small Businesses (Small Business Trends)
• A Virtual Pack, to Study Canine Minds (NYT)
What are you reading?
S&P 500 Sector Performance Relative to % of Domestic Revenues
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.