My afternoon train reading:
• AP Twitter account hacked, makes false claim of explosions at White House (The Verge) see also Fake Tweet Shows Pitfalls of Algo-Driven World (MoneyBeat)
• Financial Crimes Topped State-Sponsored Hacking Incidents in 2012 (All Things D)
• Gold’s Declining Price Is a Reversion to the Mean (NYT) see also GS: Stop Shorting Gold (MoneyBeat)
• Barron’s Cover Story Wants To Tinker With The Dow So It Hides Stock Market Bubbles (Business Insider)
• Monte Carlo’s Role in Retirement Planning (Morningstar) See also A First Encounter With Monte Carlo Simulation (Dave Giles’)
• The Doctoral Student Who ‘Happed’ Reinhart and Rogoff (Real Time Economics)
• Wall Street is at it all over again (Macleans) see also Welcome to the Anarchy Economy (The Daily Beast)
• The Science Behind Why We Procrastinate (lifehacker)
• Cognitive Overhead, Or Why Your Product Isn’t As Simple As You Think (Tech Crunch)
• 20 Words We Owe to William Shakespeare (Mental Floss)
What are you reading?
Assets and Net Worth of Households and Nonprofits, 2005-2012
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.