My morning reads:
• Is Size a Detriment for GE and Apple? (Barron’s)
• The problem with Bitcoin (FT Alphaville)
• Did Putin Sink Cyprus? (NYT) see also Inside Laiki – Countdown to catastrophe (Reuters)
• David Stockman’s Delusions: The Gold Standard Is Still a Really, Really Terrible Idea (Atlantic)
• Algorithms Play Matchmaker to Fight 7.7% U.S. Unemployment: Jobs (Bloomberg)
• U.S. farmers to plant largest corn crop since 1936 (USA Today)
• Underwater: The Netherlands Falls Prey to Economic Crisis (Spiegel)
• Apple Learns the Way of the Dragon (WSJ) see also Apple to Begin iPhone Production This Quarter (WSJ)
• You didn’t make the Harlem Shake go viral—corporations did (Quartz)
• S.E.C. Sets Rules for Using Social Media to Make Disclosures (DealBook) see also SEC Embraces Social Media (WSJ)
What are you reading?
Rare Jitters for Japan’s Bonds
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.