My afternoon train reads:
• Boston Marathon Bombing: Keep Calm and Carry On (Atlantic) see also Reddit Thinks It Can Solve the Boston Bombings (Slate)
• Bull Markets Since 1871: Duration and Magnitude (Greenbackd)
• Gold crash is an instructive whodunit of financial markets (theguardian) see also Gold and Silver – where do we go from here? (Behavioral Macro)
• Are Short Sellers Positive Feedback Traders? Evidence from the Global Financial Crisis (CIGI)
• Why the Argument for Austerity Took a Big Hit Yesterday (Time)
• Thatcher and the words no one mentions: North Sea Oil (Open Democracy) see also America needs a new war or capitalism dies (MarketWatch)
• Apple Now Valued at Less Than Exxon Again: Megacap Update (Barron’s)
• The Bipartisan Origins of the Income Tax (Echoes)
• Forget Gold, the Gourmet-Cupcake Market Is Crashing (WSJ) see also Buffett Mocking Gold Sidesteps Slump As He Bets on Stocks (Bloomberg)
• Why is it so hard to make a phone call in emergency situations? (boingboing)
What are you reading?
Microsoft Excel: Despoiler of global economies!
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.