My afternoon train reads:
• Why the Stock Market Goes Up As Jobs Go Nowhere (Financial Sense)
• This is the VaR that slipped through the cracks (FT Alphaville)
• Why China’s economy might topple (FT.com) see also China’s Post-crisis Borrowing Boom Comes Home to Roost for Local Authorities (Institutional Investor)
• Savings Glut meets the Great Recession (Fatas and Mihov)
• Traders Welcome Fed’s Minutes Snafu (WSJ) see also Helicopter QE will never be reversed (Telegraph)
• Handicapping Labor Data (Tim Duy’s Fed Watch)
• The New Central America Second Home Buyers (World Property Channel) see also U.S. Land Gets More Expensive (WSJ)
• How High Should Top Income Tax Rates Be? (Hint: Much Higher) (Fiscal Times)
• America’s Three Elections: One For The Rich, One For The Crazy, And One For Everyone Else (priceonomics)
• Wicked cool new iPhone app: Status Board (Status Board)
What are you reading?
Money Spigot Opens Wider
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.