My afternoon train reading:
• April Is the New May (Barron’s) see also Why it pays to sell in May (Marketwatch)
• Beware of those who cry ‘bubble’ about bonds (USA Today)
• Alpha is a Finite Resource (TRB) see also Hedge funds are too big to beat the market (CBS MoneyWatch)
• What’s Behind the Big Move Up for Google? Hint: Facebook (Barron’s)
• Twitter: The Carnival Barker of Investing (Motley Fool) see also Twitter Arrives on Wall Street, via Bloomberg (DealBook)
• Thaler: Shifting Our Retirement Savings Into Automatic (NYT)
• Jobs Report: Don’t Panic Yet—the Numbers Will (Probably) Be Revised Up (Daily Beast) see also Austerity bites? (Economist)
• Sorry, Libertarians, History Shows Bitcoin Isn’t the Future (Bloomberg)
• Housing market mania: Multiple offers, many above the asking price as buyers coddle sellers & OK deals with few contingencies (SF Gate) but see Investor frenzy over housing has peaked (Fortune)
• Hilarious Amazon Reviews of the Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer (Amazon)
Whats for brunch?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.