My long form weekend reading — pour a cup of coffee, and enjoy:
• Regulatory Moneyball: What Washington Can Learn From Sports Geeks (Foreign Affairs)
• Chess and 18th Century artificial intelligence (BBC)
• Three days that saved the world financial system (The Washington Post)
• What is an economic equilibrium? (Noahpinion)
• Diamonds Are Bullshit (Priceonomics)
• The Meme Hustler (The Baffler)
• The Average Human Vagina (Double X Science)
• Is There Life After Fifty for a Songwriter? (The Ivory Sofa)
• Cruel and Unusual Punishment: The Shame of Three Strikes Laws (Rolling Stone)
• What’s in a Nickname? The Origins of All 30 MLB Team Names (mental floss)
Whats for brunch?
Europe Woes Deepen as Economies Contract
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.