My morning reads:
• Measuring the Benefits of Technology in the Economy (NYT)
• Go figure: Abenomics works: Japan household spending surges as “Abenomics” gains momentum (Reuters)
• Inflation & the Fed (Dr.Ed’s Blog) see also Looking for Inflation? It Vanished (WSJ)
• Equities Rally But So Do Bonds – What Gives? (Market Montage)
• Peak Oil Still Isn’t Real, You Guys (The Daily Beast)
• Generation jobless (Economist) see also Eurozone unemployment at record high as inflation drops (BBC)
• Gold as collateral, not stock (FT Alphaville)
• Wall Street Eats Up Two-Thirds of Your 401(k) With Fees and Formed a Coalition to Block Full Disclosure of That Fact (Wall Street on Parade)
• High-Speed Traders Exploit Loophole (WSJ) see also How Wall Street Defanged Dodd-Frank (The Nation)
• How Immigration Reform and Demographics Could Change Presidential Math (Five Thirty Eight)
What are you reading?
Real Culprit Behind Smaller Workforce: Age
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.