My morning reads:
• Hulbert: 3 things not to worry about right now (MarketWatch)
• Gold U. Takes It on the Chin (WSJ) see also Risk of vicious circle for gold as hedging returns (Telegraph)
• A Keynesian Victory, but Austerity Stands Firm (NYT)
• Of Course Apple Avoids Billions in Taxes—and It Should (Atlantic) but see The seven craziest findings in the US investigation of Apple’s tax avoidance practices (Quartz)
• Blowing Bubbles in Japan (WSJ)
• We are technically offshore! For U.S. Companies, Money ‘Offshore’ Means Manhattan (NYT)
• Hiaasen: IRS Went After Small Fish, But Let The Big Ones Get Away (National Memo)
• Are these Pakistani men behind Facebook’s teen spam empire? (Daily Dot)
• Vitamins That Cost Pennies a Day Seen Delaying Dementia (Bloomberg)
• XBOX One Revealed (Wired)
What are you reading?
Caterpillar’s Doug Oberhelman: Manufacturing’s Mouthpiece
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.