Good Memorial Day morning. It looks to be a lovely day, so before heading out to the beach or lake or picnic or where ever you may be off to, have a look at my roundup of found interesting items:
• What Type of Financial Investor Are You? (Howard Lindzon)
• Goldman pushes hedge funds for your 401(k) (Fortune) see also Rob Arnott: Most hedge funds disappoint (Fortune)
• How to Spot the Next Short Squeeze (MoneyBeat)
• The Falling-Bridge Lesson: The U.S. Infrastructure Failure Is Still Totally Inexcusable (Atlantic) see also Bridge Collapse in Washington State Sends Cars Into River (Bloomberg)
• What All Classical Economic Thinkers Can Agree About (Forbes)
• Europe’s Lost Keynesians (Project Syndicate) see also The banking crisis as a giant carry trade gone wrong (Vox)
• Nikkei 225 Deformed as Japan Yardstick by Fast Retailing’s Rise (Bloomberg)
• Reminder: Shit Gets Better (TRB) see also California Faces a New Quandary, Too Much Money (NYT)
• Yes, Silicon Valley, You Are as Exactly as Vain as They Say (Valley Wag)
• Battle of the Beach (WSJ)
What are you reading?
Earnings Not Yet a Viral Sensation
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.