My afternoon train reads:
• UH OH Dr. Doom: Buy stocks while you still can (CNNMoney)
• Deflation, not inflation, could bedevil markets (USA Today) see also Top Investors Will Feel Heat of New Epoch (Bloomberg)
• Bloomberg 2-fer: Things are looking up:
…..-American Auto Industry Has Best Performance in 20 Years (Bloomberg)
…..-Americans Most Upbeat in Five Years as Firings Slow (Bloomberg)
• Contra: Is Dr Copper, telling us the party’s over? (FT Alphaville)
• Blue Chip Stocks Fetch Ridiculous Valuations, But Don’t Sell Just Because It’s May (Forbes) see also The Myth of the ‘Spring Swoon’ (WSJ)
• We should stop expecting monetary policy alone to save the US economy (Quartz)
• Gold Bull Run Seen Over as Bear Drop Frays Faithful (Bloomberg)
• Banking groups split on ‘too big to fail’ (Politico) see also This Is How Wall Street Is Fighting the Brown-Vitter Bill (NY Magazine)
• Polls Plummet For Senators Who Voted No On Gun Background Checks (Talking Points Memo)
• 10 Classic Failed Tech Predictions (Above the Market)
What are you reading?
Gold Rally Stopped Dead In its Tracks
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.