Pull up a chair, pour yourself a cup of joe, and enjoy our longer form reads:
• The Money Shot: Mark Zuckerberg and Kevin Systrom on What Really Happened When Facebook Bought Instagram (Vanity Fair)
• Turns out VCs are merely as lucky as Hedge Funds: A Humbled Kleiner Perkins Adjusts Its Strategy (DealBook)
• Math as Myth (Nautilus)
• Foul-Weather Friends: Radical critique from an unexpected source — the head of currency trading at a major Wall Street firm (Jacobin)
• Inside the MIT media lab (FT Magazine)
• The Luckiest Village in the World (GQ)
• How are humans going to become extinct? (BBC) see also Can Humans Survive? (Daily Beast)
• The Invention of David Bowie (New York Review of Books)
• How the GOP Congressional Gerrymander Encouraged their Crazies & Hurt the Party’s National Prospects (The National Memo)
• The book that changed the world: Stewart Brand’s Whole Earth Catalog (theguardian)
Whats up for the weekend?
New Leaders Drive the Bull’s Charge
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.