My longer form 3 day weekend reading! Pull up a cup of coffee and get ready to have your mind expanded:
• Slaves to the algorithm: Our age elevates the precision-tooled power of the algorithm over flawed human judgment. This may not be such a good thing (aeon)
• Facebook, One Year Later: What Really Happened in the Biggest IPO Flop Ever (Atlantic)
• The Pseudo-Business of the NCAA (priceonomics)
• Mandelbrot Conceived the Mathematics of Roughness (New York Review of Books) see also Unknown Mathematician Proves Elusive Property of Prime Numbers (Wired)
• Left Behind: No break for the wounded America does a terrible job of caring for its war veterans (The Gazette)
• Philosopher Daniel Dennett: Seven Tools For Critical Thinking (Open Culture)
• Bret, Unbroken: His brain and body shattered in a horrible accident as a young boy, Bret Dunlap was mess. Then he discovered running. (Runner’s World)
• The Gut-Wrenching Science Behind the World’s Hottest Peppers (Smithsonian)
• End it like Beckham: England legend calls time on glittering career and retires (Daily Mail)
• Welcome to Google Island (Wired)
Whats up for your holiday weekend?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.