My morning reads:
• What Happens When You Buy Assets Down 80%? (Mebane Faber)
• Gold Slips to 34-Month Low as Precious Metals Slide on Fed View (Bloomberg) see also Bottom Is Falling Out of Copper Prices (WSJ)
• Guru Networks Sell Social Investing to Copycat Traders (Bloomberg)
• Housing Market Shrugging Off Rise in Mortgage Rates (NYT) but see Run-up in mortgage rates raises questions about housing recovery (Los Angeles Times)
• Making a Case for Transparent Corporate Accounting Information (University of Berkeley)
• Stevenson and Wolfers on Happiness, Growth, and the Reinhart-Rogoff Controversy (Library of Economics and Liberty)
• When good intentions go wrong: Effects of bank deregulation and governance on risk taking (Vox)
• Airplane electronics bans: please return your fury to the ‘off’ position (theguardian)
• What is skeuomorphism? (Economist)
• Archimedes: Separating Myth From Science (NYT)
What are you reading?
Chart of the Day
Source: Chart of the Day
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.