My morning reads to start your week:
• The Ten Biggest Economic Policy Mistakes from the Depression to the Recession (HNN)
• Bonds Drop Globally as Stocks Reach Highs on Growth Optimism (Bloomberg) see also Interest rates are rising! Here’s why we should be thrilled (Wonkblog)
• Bonds’ Point of No Return About a Standard Deviation Away (Bloomberg)
• Smart and Stupid Arguments for Active Management (The Reformed Broker)
• Jaffe: You’re overpaying for money management (MarketWatch) see also Hulbert: Everyman’s hedge funds aren’t worth it (MarketWatch)
• Short Seller Seeks Valley ‘Pretenders’ (WSJ)
• Roubini: After the Gold Rush (Project-Syndicate)
• The Dictatorship of Data (MIT Technology Review)
• Welcome to Mogadishu (FT.com)
• The 100 Most Creative People in Business 2013 (Fast Company)
What are you reading?
Risk-Averse Culture Infects U.S. Workers, Entrepreneurs?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.