My morning reads:
• Bond Funds: A Bond Market Plunge That Baffles the Experts (NYT) see also What’s Eating Munis? (WSJ)
• NFP: An outcome desired only by assholes (TRB)
• Useless extraction (The Research Puzzle) see also Money for Nothing (and Fund Losses for Free) (aiCIO)
• It’s A “0.6%” World: Who Owns What Of The $223 Trillion In Global Wealth (Zero Hedge)
• The Million-Dollar Illusion: Why Many Retirees Could Outlive a $1 Million Nest Egg (NYT) see also 140% Increase in Food Stamp Use Since 1990 (Real Time Economics)
• Wrestling with Reform: Financial Scandals and the Legislation They Inspired (SecHistorical)
• Shiller: Want to Fix Social Security? Use the Right Wrench (NYT)
• For Sussing Out Whether Debt Affects Future Growth, the Key is Carefully Taking into Account Past Growth (Supply Side Liberal)
• Did Hipster Tech Really Save the Obama Campaign? (Wired)
• Scalia Gives Obamacare a Big Boost (Bloomberg)
What’s for Brunch?
Dollar vs. Stock Correlation Hits Multi-Year Extreme
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.