My morning reads:
• The 8 Worst Gold Price Predictions We’ve Ever Heard (Business Insider) see also Gold Was a Horrible Investment from 1500 to 1965 (Atlantic)
• Fox Analyst Charles Payne Was Paid To Push Now Worthless Stocks (Media Matters) Are all Fox analysts paid stock touts, or just the two we know about?
• The Fed’s Real QE Mistake:Timing (Political Calculations) see also On the Failure of Ben Bernanke’s Non-Standard Monetary Policies… (Brad DeLong)
• Misjudged Annuity Guarantees May Cost Life Insurers Billions (WSJ)
• Carney’s Escape Velocity Aim Brings Canadian Halo to BOE (Bloomberg)
• The Sharpe Edifice (Research Puzzle)
• The Other Snowden Drama: Impugning the Messenger (NYT) see also U.S. Said to Explore Possible China Role in Snowden Leaks (Bloomberg)
• Exit From the Bond Market Is Turning Into a Stampede (DealBook)
• Why keeping FINRA from ruling RIAs is critical to these firms, the investor — and even the U.S. economy (RIABiz)
• Scientists create nanoscopic data storage using graphene ‘paper’ and electron ‘ink’ (Extreme Tech)
What are you reading?
Think It’s a Level Playing Field in the Financial Sector? Think Again.
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.