The ratio of SPY to Gold is really quite fascinating:
spy vs gld

The S&P500 is off 1.75% today, it looks pretty ugly:

SPY Chart

But look at Gold! Its down almost 5% today!

GLD chart

Astonishing!

Buckle up, its going to be a bumpy ride this summer!

Category: Markets

9 Responses to “Gold vs S&P500”

1. MayorQuimby says:

Who wants to guess how many angry phone calls Bernanke is getting from ‘top gvmt officials’ (always loved that term)? I’m betting his email box is full.

So much for that cup and handle!

• Angryman1 says:

Why would Bernanke be getting phone calls from top government officials? A correction was needed. By this time 6th months from now, will be forgotten history.

2. Willy2 says:

Question: what’s the SPY/GLD ratio supposed to signal ?

3. Angryman1 says:

Barry made me a bunch of money, I was going to cash out when it was 14900, but thanks to his advice, I waited to 15350.

4. mitchn says:

Peter Schiff is looking to buy gold for anyone who wants to dump theirs.

5. chartist says:

yeah, that SPX chart sure has 1540 written all over it…..How long is it going to take to work off the overbought level on the monthly MACD chart for the SPX?

6. dvdpenn says:

Bought GLL and UUP back in February. Very glad I avoided the temptation to cash out of GLL during the big run-up in April. Probably won’t need to take profits until the Democrats retake the House (i.e., that’s the only way I see us getting sustained “buy gold” style inflationon)