Good Saturday morning. What you need is a restful, recharging weekend. To send you in that direction, may I suggest you spend some time with these longer form journalism pieces? They will inform, entertain and educate you.
Feed your brain:
• On Being an Octopus (Boston Review)
• What does it mean to have “predicted the crisis”? (Noahpinion)
• Google is the General Electric of the 21st century (FT.com)
• Join Wall Street. Save the world. (Wonkblog)
• List of common misconceptions (Wiki) [Warning: Massive timesuck]
• In China, an Empire Built by Aping Apple (NYT)
• How the GOP lost young voters (Politico)
• The Domestic Surveillance Boom, From Bush to Obama (Mother Jones)
• A Small World After All: A new book sheds light on how little of the world we see through our browsers (Book Forum)
• Why ESPN is so good at televising spelling bees, poker, yachting, and other non-sports (Quartz)
What are you doing this weekend?
Profit cycle vs GDP
Source: Investing Caffeine
Category: Financial Press