Good Saturday morning. What you need is a restful, recharging weekend. To send you in that direction, may I suggest you spend some time with these longer form journalism pieces? They will inform, entertain and educate you.
Feed your brain:
• On Being an Octopus (Boston Review)
• What does it mean to have “predicted the crisis”? (Noahpinion)
• Google is the General Electric of the 21st century (FT.com)
• Join Wall Street. Save the world. (Wonkblog)
• List of common misconceptions (Wiki) [Warning: Massive timesuck]
• In China, an Empire Built by Aping Apple (NYT)
• How the GOP lost young voters (Politico)
• The Domestic Surveillance Boom, From Bush to Obama (Mother Jones)
• A Small World After All: A new book sheds light on how little of the world we see through our browsers (Book Forum)
• Why ESPN is so good at televising spelling bees, poker, yachting, and other non-sports (Quartz)
What are you doing this weekend?
Profit cycle vs GDP
Source: Investing Caffeine
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.