My afternoon train reading:
• Blackrock: ETFs are the true market (FT Alphaville)
• The Return on College, Around the World (Economix)
• Private equity’s new fee trick (Fortune)
• Hedge Funds Cut Gold Bets as Goldman Lowers Outlook (Bloomberg)
• Study: Caribbean Beaches Not Enough for Tourists (World Property Channel)
• What an NSA charm offensive looks like (Reuters) see also Snowden’s Leaks Cloud U.S. Plan to Curb Chinese Hacking (Bloomberg)
• Samsung Slides Equivalent of Sony as S4 Sales Disappoint (Bloomberg)
• Disruptions: Social Media Images Form a New Language Online (Bits)
• Shutterstock Creates First Silicon Alley Billionaire (Bloomberg)
• The Art of Analytical Reading (Farnam Street)
What are you reading?
Five Takeaways From Tankan Survey
Source: Real Time Economics
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.