My afternoon plane reading:
• Gold rush trash is Information Age treasure (USAToday)
• When have econ blogs changed your mind about something? (Noahpinion)
• Does Dodd-Frank work? We asked 16 experts to find out (Wonkblog)
• Decline happens. (NYT) see also Recovering U.K. opens gap over Europe (CNNMoney)
• Does the Fed funds rate even matter? (FT Alphaville)
• Gold Bulls Bet Right as Prices Rally Most Since ’11 (Bloomberg) see also Copper Leads Metals Higher as European Stocks Fluctuate (Bloomberg)
• Bob Mankoff picks his 11 favorite New Yorker cartoons ever (Ted)
• Physicists Debate Whether the World Is Made of Particles or Fields or Something Else Entirely (Scientific American)
• Apple Tests Larger Screens for iPhones, iPads (WSJ)
• How ESPN/ABC stole Nate Silver from The New York Times — Young data guru promised Oscars role; may expand franchise to education, economics, weather (Politico) see also Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight Blog Is to Join ESPN Staff (NYT)
What are you reading?
Investors See End of Commodity ‘Supercycle’
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.