My afternoon train reads:
• There are more Hedge Funds in the USA than there are Taco Bells (Fiscal Times) see also Hedge funds gripped by crisis of performance (FT.com)
• Small Stocks Are in Eye of the Index (WSJ)
• Summers vs. Yellen Scorecard: Who’s Supporting Whom? (Real Time Economics) see also Federal Reserve ‘Doves’ Beat ‘Hawks’ in Economic Prognosticating (WSJ)
• “NASDAQ is owned.” Five men charged in largest financial hack ever (ArsTechnica)
• How much capital should banks have? (Vox) see also New Glass-Steagall would help to keep lenders in line (FT.com)
• How America’s Top Tech Companies Created the Surveillance State (National Journal)
• Tom Friedman is the New Ayn Rand for A Dark Digital Future (Huff Po)
• BMW Electric Offered With Spare SUV to Ease Range Anxiety (Bloomberg) see also General Motors is going ‘borderline luxury’ (Fortune)
• My Favourite Hitchcock: I Confess (theguardian)
• Song of the Summer? ‘Blurred Lines’ vs. ‘Get Lucky’ (WSJ)
What are you reading?
Ranking Fed Forecasters
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.