I am off to Denver, than Vancouver. Here is my Sunday morning Aeroplane reading:
• You Have Been Calling for A Crash for 6 Months and Been Wrong, Now What? (Dragonfly Capital) see also Buy and hold wins again (MarketWatch) [chart at bottom]
• If You’re a Bond Investor, Beware of the Seesaw (NYT)
• Does the Fed funds rate even matter? (FT Alphaville) see also Congress Gives Bernanke A Hero’s Send-Off (Real Time Economics)
• Maggie’s ghost: what is haunting Europe (the unbalanced evolution of homo sapiens)
• The hard-money people throw Gene Fama under the bus (Noahpinion)
• The Myth of China’s Economic Reform (Bloomberg) see also China Ain’t All That: The U.S. Is Still Tops (Yahoo Finance)
• The Forgotten Funds That Are Suddenly Drawing Crowds (Moneybeat)
• Here’s how Detroit’s bankruptcy will actually work (Wonkblog) see also Detroit and Pandora’s Box (MBS Litigation Commentary For Speculators)
• A Dozen Things I’ve Learned From Michael Mauboussin About Investing (25iq)
• Worldwide Honey Bee Collapse: A Lesson in Ecology (Nation of Change)
What are you reading?
Can Market Timers Beat the Index?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.