Good Sunday morning. We have a scorcher of a beautiful day here, and before you head out to the beach, boat or BBQ, here are some things ti feed your brain:
• Have the financial markets been taking too many painkillers? (MarketWatch) see also Price discounts the news (Charts etc.)
• America Is Not Doomed (Daily Beast)
• Fair Play Measured in Slivers of a Second (NYT)
• What’s the Difference Between Traders and Economists? (TRB) see also Traders versus economists (Economist)
• Delusional Pensions and Delusional Researchers (Institutional Imperative)
• Have the robots come for the middle class? (Washington Post)
• Bankers Are Balking at a Proposed Rule on Capital (NYT)
• The Remarkable Properties of Mythological Social Networks (MIT Technology Review)
• The amazing movie company behind ‘Sharknado’ (Fortune)
• Grilling Over Charcoal Is Objectively, Scientifically Better Than Grilling Over Gas (Wired) But see Grilling Over Gas Is Objectively, Scientifically Better Than Grilling Over Charcoal (Wired)
What’s for brunch ?
Tokyo Shares Get a Second Look
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.