My morning reads:
• The Smartest Man is Bullish on Europe (Blackstone)
• The Origin of ‘The World’s Dumbest Idea’: Milton Friedman (Forbes)
• Analysts vs. Strategists: Who’s Right on Stocks? (Moneybeat)
• Shadow Banking Threatens China’s Economy—but What Is It, Exactly? (Atlantic) see also The Chinese Financial System: An Introduction and Overview (Brookings)
• Timing Method Performance Over Ten Decades (Mututal Fund Observer)
• A Bitcomedy (FT Alphaville) see also Bitcoin: how I made a virtual fortune (theguardian)
• 2013 is halfway over! This is how the economy is doing, in 11 charts. (Wonkblog)• How Government Can Actually Play Moneyball (New Republic) see also The Market Starts Taking Its Medicine (Barron’s)
• Playing profit with the stock market (FT Alphaville)
• Think UBS is getting a little paranoid? UBS Starts Gold-Vault Service in Singapore Amid Bullion Rout (Bloomberg) see also Gold Traders Seeking Floor After $66 Billion Rout (Bloomberg)
• Likonomics: what’s not to like (Economist)
What are you reading?
At Midyear, Market Is More Jittery, Less Optimistic
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.