My by-the-time-you-read-this,-I’ll-be-in-the-Hamptons afternoon reads:
• Important discussion on how shareholders are getting robbed: Owner Earnings (Seeking Wisdom)
• How Money Actually Buys Happiness (HBR)
• Golden Troubles (Joe Tax Payer) see also Bear market in gold pummels Einhorn’s Greenlight fund (Reuters)
• Why Doesn’t Apple Enable Sustainable Businesses on the App Store (Stratechery)
• Full Employment: The Big Missing Piece (Economix) see also Is There Hope for Recent College Grads? (WSJ)
• What’s Wrong with Technological Fixes? (Boston Review)
• As Bond Market Tumbles, Pimco Seeks to Reassure Investors (DealBook) see also Coercive Monetization (Gamasutra)
• Acts of Journalism and the Espionage Act (boing boing) see also Secret-court judges upset at portrayal of ‘collaboration’ with government (Washington Post)
• Dark Money Group Spent on House Race, Then Told IRS It Didn’t (ProPublica)
• Lou Reed Loves Kanye West’s Yeezus (Talkhouse)
What are you reading?
Weak Links Mar Investing in China
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.