Pull up a chair, pour a cup of joe, and dig in to my longer form weekend reading list:
• The Gates Effect (The Chronicle of Higher Education)
• Jack Handey Is the Envy of Every Comedy Writer in America (NYT Magazine)
• Morgan Stanley is having an identity crisis (Quartz)
• An interview with Tim Harford and an excerpt from his new book, Adapt: Why Success Always Starts with Failure (boingboing)
• Automation Anxiety (Wilson Quarterly)
• 8 Successful Entrepreneurs Give Their Younger Selves Lessons They Wish They’d Known Then (Fast Company)
• The Case of the Trombone and the Mysterious Disappearing Camera: As cameras become smaller and more ubiquitous, they risk disappearing entirely (Tribeca)
• From Coast to Toast: America’s most golden coastal enclaves wage losing battles against erosion (Vanity Fair)
• The Strange Disappearance of Cooperation in America (Social Evolution Forum) see also How Fox News created a new culture of idiots (Salon)
• The Inner Game Of Everything: Why Is A Four-Decade-Old Tennis Book Still A Self-Help Sensation? (BuzzFeed)
Whats up for the weekend?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.