Ron Burgundy says: Stay classy, Businessweek!

BBW-HFMyth-Cover-29-wobarcode-7.15-1

Source:
Why Hedge Funds’ Glory Days May Be Gone for Good
By Sheelah Kolhatkar
BusinessWeek, July 11, 2013

Category: Financial Press, Hedge Funds

12 Responses to “Hedge Fund Dysfunction Syndrome”

1. PeterR says:

Such infantile and puerile behavior from a major publication is a wake-up call, as if we should need another, that we are in deep trouble IMO.

• BennyProfane says:

Hardly a “major publication”. Speaking of which, check out the covers of the “major publications” at the supermarket checkout line today and compare. I’m sure one or two are a bit titillating, in a way.

I do agree that this cover is a tad tacky, though.

2. rd says:

If there were more women in the hedge fund industry……..

3. Chad says:

While the cover is infantile, it perfectly represents how those not in the financial sector view most of the people on Wall Street (present company and few select others excluded) and even most CEO’s. It’s a big contest to see whose is bigger and it’s something we need to change.

4. I know that cover is meant to give a poor impression of hedge funds, but you have to admit… the size is impressive.

• Frwip says:

Yes, but any lady or investor will tell you that it is not the length that matters. It is the other axis that makes a difference. Long and saggy like Paulson’s reputation doesn’t do jack for returns or fun.

5. Mike in Nola says:

Like the graphic. For many of those guys, like the ones I see in Houston who get the biggest trucks they can, it’s often a replacement for feelings of inadequacy elsewhere.

6. No, Barry…
    Ron Burgundy says: “It’s the pleats.”

7. DeDude says:

Considering the testosterone poisoned nature of the financial industry this is actually the only appropriate way to illustrate the failure of these funds to produce as promised. Now if they had put the idiots who stuck money into hedge funds down on their knees in from of this guy – that would have been over the top/under the belt.

8. Rich in NJ says:

I thought money changes everything…

9. Moe says:

I’m a marketing guy in finance. I wouldn’t even try to get this concept through compliance/legal where i work. That being said, I would have gone with a yellow “reality” line…

10. Roger Bigod says:

Daddy, why does the boy have a green thingie?