- The Big Picture - http://www.ritholtz.com/blog -
Case-Shiller: Home Prices Increase in May 2013
Posted By Barry Ritholtz On July 30, 2013 @ 11:30 am In Fixed Income/Interest Rates,Real Estate | Comments Disabled
Key data points:
• Home prices show increases of 2.5% and 2.4% for the 10- and 20-City Composites in May versus April.
• Dallas and Denver reached record levels surpassing their pre-financial crisis peaks set in June 2007 and August 2006.
• This is the first time any city has made a new all-time high.
• All 20 cities increased from May 2012 to May 2013 and from April 2013 to May 2013.
• In May 2013, the 10- and 20-City Composites posted annual increases of 11.8% and 12.2%.
• The Southwest and the West saw the strongest year-over-year gains.
• The overall report points to some shifts among various markets: Washington DC is no longer the standout leader and the eastern Sunbelt cities, Miami and Tampa, are lagging behind their western counterparts.
Click to enlarge
Source: spdji.com 
Article printed from The Big Picture: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog
URL to article: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2013/07/home-prices-continue-to-increase-in-may-2013-according-to-the-spcase-shiller-home-price-indices/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/sp.jpg
 Image: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/sp2.jpg
 spdji.com: http://www.spdji.com/
Copyright © 2008 The Big Picture. All rights reserved.