Click for video
Video

Source: Yahoo Finance

Category: Video

9 Responses to “Rice: Hedge Fund Decision Could Help Average Investors Earn “Exceptional Returns””

1. BennyProfane says:

From the Yahoo link:

“Hedge funds are only allowed to sell securities to accredited investors”

Palm to forehead. Was I out sick when they handed out the accreditations? Where can I get mine?

P.S.: There’s going to be a lot of old people getting raped soon, if there’s any left, after the last decade of fleecing.

• rd says:

Also note the section where he slips in the bit about the disclosures will be hard to understand, so invest as a group. I presume that means that opaqueness warrants a lemming approach instead of the solitary wolf.

• Frwip says:

Mmm, the top 0.001% fleecing the top 0.1%.

I guess small sharks is on the menu for big sharks.

2. rd says:

He is absolutey right about hedge reducing volatility of investors compared to the stock market. Over the last few years, the hedge funds have been able to even out those ugly bumps upward that the stock market has been prone to doing that are so disconcerting to investors.

• rd says:

I also assume that exceptional returns applies to the bottom 20% of returns as well as the top 20%.

• VennData says:

Meet my friends, cash, diversification and rebalancing.

This should be tagged humor.

3. rd says:

The search is on for mascots and other branding symbols for use in print and TV commercials:

4. RW says:

Hedgie pool got a little too crowded, probably too many smart people with insufficient talent for investing in there too, but that’s really neither here nor there because, to paraphrase Groucho Marx, any hedge fund (among the very few) that might improve my portfolio mix wouldn’t accept me as an investor.

5. DeDude says:

The big guys need to get out of the Hedge funds because this Ponzi scheme has reached its limit and is beginning to sink. What better way for them to get out than to sell their losing hand to “Joe Smo” and “Granny” investors desperate to get into something with a better return.