My afternoon reads:
• Facebook Strikes Back (TRB) see also Facebook Is Erasing Doubts on Mobile (NYT)
• The Complete History of the SPY (ETF Database)
• “Second Recovery” Unfolding in US (Dr.Ed’s Blog) but see 3 Signs the Market Is Near a Top (Barron’s)
• Jean-Louis Gassée imagines a letter from Ballmer: The Rebirth of Windows Mobile (Monday Note)
• Wait, Larry Summers is Now the Favorite for the Fed? Can we at least talk it over first? (New Republic) see also No More Second Chances for Larry Summers (Nation)
• China as a monetary superpower – the Sino-monetary transmission mechanism (The Market Monetarist)
• Legacy of Long-Run Unemployment (Conversable Economist) see also Why Tight U.S. Labor Markets Are Here to Stay (Bloomberg)
• 16 Words That Are Much Older Than They Seem (Mental Floss)
• You Can Live Forever (Daily Beast) see also Study: 23 and 69 Are the Happiest Ages (Time)
• Consumer Reports gives Chevy Impala rave reviews (CNNMoney)
What are you reading?
Post financial crisis major US stock market index retracement
Source: Chart of the Day
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.